Suguna, being the pioneer in broiler integration and contract farming aspires to disseminate scientific knowledge and techniques to the farming community and aspiring entrepreneurs by imparting education in the most conducive environment through a well structured curriculum. With this vision Suguna Institute of Poultry Management was established in 2012 under the aegis of Suguna Foundation.
SIPM will embed knowledge and technology to refresh and update the knowledge of practicing poultry farmers, employees in poultry industry. Suguna Institute of Poultry Management is in the offing to impart education and training on scientific poultry production, poultry farming, Poultry breeder management, Hatchery and incubation techniques, feed manufacturing and disease control measures.
SIPM aims to help in unemployed and underemployed youth to get self-employment opportunities across rural and urban India. Our desire is to give hands on training in various operations at different poultry farms and in its allied sector such as feed mills, processing plants and disease quality control laboratories.
Suguna being one of the biggest poultry companies in the country has transformed the livelihoods of thousands of farmers in rural India over the past 25 years bringing rich expertise and experience to the industry. It is this legacy which SIPM brings to students aspiring to make a mark in the poultry industry.
The SIPM Edge
- SIPM offers 100% placement to students upon completion of any of the Diploma or Degree courses
- With Suguna being the industry leader in Poultry, SIPM offers the right platform to learn about Poultry and Poultry allied subjects.
- SIPM also offers an opportunity for aspiring rural entrepreneurs to gain knowledge about the poultry field and upon completion of the course Suguna shall provide continuous support to rural entrepreneurs in setting up and running their own farms.
- SIPM is one of the few places in India offering such specialized courses, with a view to develop the poultry industry as a whole.
- SIPM is located in a place throbbing with poultry activities and has the latest technology and practices to provide the right exposure to its students.
- Located in Udumalpet, in close proximity to Sugunas’ own hatcheries, chicken processing plant, feed mills, breeder farms, broiler farms and laboratories. It will offer rich practical experience for the students, combined with theoretical learning.
With its close proximity to the arenas of practical learning in the poultry industry, Udumalpet is the perfect place for students to gain knowledge in the chosen field of study. Udumalpet has well connected transport facilities, with a network of buses and train routes. Buses connecting Udumalpet to Anaimalai pass via the institute.
Udumalpet also boasts of several popular restaurants and food joints for food lovers. Surrounded by mountains on three sides, Udumalpet enjoys a beautiful climate and offers many options for weekend getaways. Thirumoorthy dam, Thirurnoorthy hills and falls, Amaravathi crocodile farms, Palani, Chinnar wildlife sanctuary, Munnar, Marayur, Indira Gandhi wildlife sanctuary and many such places are located very close to Udumalpet.